1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stand up rider, Pricing best deal?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by blair smock, Sep 22, 2004.

1. blair smock

blair smock LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

Stand up rider, Pricing best deal?

Hi guys, thinking about equipment for next year, what is the priced stand up rider out there. I have seen several makes, John deere and Great Dane but have never looked into pricing one out -Prefer 38-48” range? Thanks Blair
  2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Blair, check out both Deere's and GD's websites. I believe both list MSRP's, as well as Wright's ( maker of the Stander and Sentar)..

As for which mower to get, unless you get an absolute screaming deal and aren't worried about parts availability, avoid a Great Dane like the plauge.. I have one..I paid $4500 for it, and that's the only reason I have it ( 22hp/52" cut machine new for $4500 was an awesome deal IMO)

I will be demoing a 32" Stander when they come out, sounds like just what I need for gated prop's..

As to the JD machine, I believe the 7iron deck may allevieate the main problem I have with my Surfer.. A bad deck design.
  3. Big Wes

Big Wes LawnSite Member

If your properties have a lot of trees you might want to consider a Z instead, You're gonna have to duck under a lot of limbs in some cases. JMHO :)

I demoed one once(Great Dane) it had a mulching kit on it. I found that alot of debris came out in front of the deck and hit you in the face while operating it. I didn't care much for it personally..
  4. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Wright (Stander) has good winter time price deals.......see their web site.....