Stand up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Drew Gemma, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

I just want to make a point or not even that just state a thought. This idea is in this forum everyday but I don't think many people take it seriously. Do not be cheap. You want people to want you cause your good not cheap.If you are a hard worker, organized and try to provide everyone with the best service you can provide then why are you working for nothing or to even break even. If so go work for somebody else. Working for yourself is so you can manage and control your own wealth and show you have a drive to suceed not an abundace of debt and look like a half a$$ idiot . If all lcos got together and formed a union or a "cartel" (strong arm tactics) like O.P.E.C. we would ensure professionalism industry wide. I know when everyone starts out their is a lot of learning and your gonna take a few on the chin. Thats what separates those who adapt and buckle down and adjust for sucess from those who are in and out of business in 3 seasons. My theory is if a big lawncare company gets 100 for a job why would I do it for 60 even if I can make money why not try and get atleast 85-90. A great business man will know the pricing of his territory and will try and get as much as he can from each sale. There is just to many ppl driving the business in the hole and I will survive because I save and plan. But my point overall is threw all this worthless rambling is we need to work together with the guys in are area and keep the prices somewhat uniform for like service and also squeeze out the guys who are just plain hacks not scrubbs or low ballers becasue they eliminate themseves. Just the guys who don't know crap about lawncare and service the ones that give us all a bad name. I am just pi$$ed off thank you!

2. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

I met a guy today that pulls up to your driveway and asks you what you want to pay for lawn care, this is the price he gets????Go figure!!!