stander 36" to 42" recommendations

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jimbarn61, Oct 13, 2007.

1. jimbarn61

jimbarn61 LawnSite Member

Tried a new wright stander 36 at dealer today. took it on sidehill ditch, wow I like the safe feeling, and fast wow. I could really use one of these. Would like to get a stand type ztr for my smaller residential hilly lots with lots of trees on them.
    Any recommendations? fixed or floating deck? Wright, great Dane, etc.? I am limited to 36" to 42" max. as I already have a 52" scag for the bigger stuff and need something smaller and more agile, stable. Would like to buy new or good used stander this winter if possible in florida.

Thanks for your help and suggestions in advance!!
    Jim B.

2. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

I have 2 36's with the rapid height adjustment system. Very agile fast and productive.

3. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I bought a JD Quik Trak because all of my yards are small or on a hill or have lots of obstacles. My JD is the 647 which is basically a Great Dane in green.
    My buddy bought a Wright. I tried his out and he tried mine. The Wright has much better hydraulics....very smooth. I also feel it was better on a hill as well as lighter/smaller than mine when side by side.
    I do think my Deere gave a little better cut. It has bigger rear tires and casters.
    Overall, if I were buying today, I would most likely go with a Wright.

4. outlaw1960

outlaw1960 LawnSite Senior Member
    from denver

Does anyone think Deere will make a 36" quicktrak?

5. jimbarn61

Are Great Dane and Wright my only choices in a 36" or 42" stander????

6. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

There's a thread that says Great Dane is going out of business. Might want to factor that in.

7. jimbarn61

So I guess that means my only choice for a stander is Wright???? Anybody out there no any other manufactures 36 or 42 stander???

Thanks

8. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

I heard the same thing.

I did a demo on both and liked many of the same things people have mentioned about the wright, a little bit of a rougher ride though. If I wwas buying it would be the wright as well.

9. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

stupid wireless keyboard:hammerhead: not wwas, ** was**

10. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Gravely now has their version of the Great Dane Super Surfer.....Its a GD with red paint. Just like my Deere is a GD with green paint.