stander and leaves

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by vaacutabove, Mar 5, 2012.

1. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

Im thinking about getting a stander. But I will be replacing a z with a bagger. How do the clam bagger/ piggey back thing work. any idea how much they are. This has been a problem of mine for years. Is it just faster to use a leaf plow and push them to the curb for a leaf loader. Just tarp the big yards? I think what it comes down to is I am having growing pains and un sure what to do.

2. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

If it were me, I would just buy the factory bagger and modify it to fit the stander. Not sure which branf of stander your going to get.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. vaacutabove

Toro or scag do they make a piggy back version. Has any one used one
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

Oems don't make one. There is a company here in mn that makes one for a stander. For the life of me I can't remember the name. I'll find a link in a bit, unless it get found before that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. vaacutabove

Peco makes one but not sure of a price
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

It seems most baggers that hang off the back of mower start around 2k and go up from there
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

It seems most baggers that hang off the back of mower start around 2k and go up from there
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Your options are the Peco or the Piggybackvac. Peco uses a belt powered blower. piggybackvac uses a BP blower on the boot.

I have not needed one yet as I own ZTR's w/baggers still. My plan is to buy the piggybackvac without the boot and buy a scag belt driven blower to make a complete unit. When I'll need to do this I don't know but that is the plan.