Stander demo - Gravely, Exmark, John Deere, Scag, Toro, and Wright

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by mag360, Mar 14, 2013.

1. dathorpe

dathorpe LawnSite Senior Member

Is that discharge opening wide enough? It looks small in the pics.

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

The demo I had worked great. No problem discharging anything, and laid it out nice and smooth. The new one for this year has a wider opeing and an adjustable front baffle.

3. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I must be blind don't see hydro oil cooler or a oil cooler

4. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Like I said above, the oil cooler is behind the engine. You can't see it from the rear or the front. You have to look straight down from above to see it. they have it mounted away from the majority of all the dust and debris. The gas tank blocks the view of it from the rear. There is no oil cooler. Only hydro fans, just like on most Z's. Look at the last picture posted by mag360. Just below the oil filter and dipstick you can see the vents/grill over the location of the hydro fans.

5. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

ok
    That's be bad place to put one. Be hard to keep clean

Think be better have mounted on the top of the engine. So the motor can draw cool air thru it
    Being behind the motor that's where all heat is. The hydro fans pulling heated air off the hydros and blowing heated air on the oil cooler.
    Not to smart in my mind.

6. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

The hydro fans pull air down from under the engine deck, through the grills, and in from all different directions, then down across the hydros and on down toward the ground, not the other way around. You can get to the oil cooler to clean it easy enough, it is just not easy to see in the pics. There's several inches of room back there to get your hand into, at least on my demo unit there was.