1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Stander differences

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by JJLandscapes, Nov 12, 2006.

1. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Im looking to pick up a stander next year and i cant seem to find the speeds on there site but i have noticed i see LCO's with the big standers going at lightning speeds and the smaller 32-48's most the time the same or slower speed than a walk behind

Is it just by choice or are the small ones alot slower? i have tight routes where speed is key and i will be driving from house to house maybe a block or 2 away at some points but would love a 32" for backyards if the speed isnt a huge diff.

2. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 36" Stander with a 17 HP Kaw and it could beat most walk behinds in a race any day...I think they make it in a 19 HP as well...Standers are the way to go if you are looking for a walk behind...

3. apowell18

apowell18 LawnSite Member

i'm looking to buy standers too...i picked up a brochure at the dealer and says anywhere from 7.2 to 11 mph, depending on which you go with...32" is the lowest at 7.2...

4. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

thanks im just goin to grab a brochure then

5. skagman2006

skagman2006 LawnSite Member

I'm picking up a wright stander 32" cut tomarrow with a kawasaki 15 hp. using it mainly for gated yards and for tighter spots.7.4 mph forward and 4.5 in reverse if that helps you,but you really need to use caution on turf at turning points!

6. A.D Services

A.D Services LawnSite Member

yea i was going to say watch out with the 32'' i have read that they rut really bad and they tear up the turf when turning. but yea the bigger the faster.