Stander manufacturers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, Oct 27, 2007.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Just wondering how many company's actually manufacturer standers? I'm under the impression that they are just re branded and painted by some company's. Does Deere make their own? Wright? Great Dane?
  2. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Stick with Wright.
  3. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Wright makes their own. The rest were made by Auburn Industries with different names on them. Wright is the best IMHO but the cut seems to be a problem. Im also thinking that a WB is better suited to hills and slopes than the Wrights although Wright claims they are great. I have a ditch that I mow with a WB and I cant imagine a Wright Stander staying upright on it. Im thinkin a Toro WB with Tru Trac sulky is gonna be next for me. I wanted a Stander in the worst way too.
  4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

dude, the wright stander is the only way to go and they have ag reat cut. i will admit the 48 has a slightly worse cut than a 52 due to the blade speed, but i can cut relativley wet grass with no problems. the deck is adustable in a few ways and it does make a difference. they are not always the same from the facotrry. anyways, i will never ever go back to a walk behind. i can mow the stupidest hills and tight areas with a stander but you have to be comfy with its style, you must at all costs lean with the mower to get the center of gravity traction and then, you will amaze yourself.
  5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

oh yeah, it also has the shortest wheel base so it is really hard to scalp, others i tried they all scalped too easy. i dont recomend the new rapid height stadnerdue to the wheel base difference especially side to side
  6. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

There is nothing wrong with the Stander cut..........they are workhorses....