Stander Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by mach14604, Mar 22, 2014.

1. mach14604

mach14604 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I rethought my original post I am looking at a John Deere 652R Efi. Anyone have this unit and how is holding up. Pros or Cons. Also is Wright MFG. making JD's standers now? Should I just be looking at a Wright instead or another manufacturer...... If so which one?

2. 35DollarLawns

35DollarLawns LawnSite Senior Member

Wright makes all their standers yes( learned this at the GIE last year.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Wright does make the JD stander. JD did make some improvements. Just wish it had the JD 7 Iron deck. The Wright Aero Core deck has had problems in cool season grasses. If I were you I would look at the JD, Scag, and Gravely standers. Demo them all to make a decision.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

gravely pro stance.

my work is done here.

5. nashlawn01

nashlawn01 LawnSite Senior Member

I pulled the trigger on a john deere 652r efi. Ordered that a 930 m and a 52" walk behind with loop handles. They are supposed to be in April 1st. I had choice of scags john deere and gravely. I trade in every 2 years and scag and gravely are small and don't offer you anything at trade in time john deere dealer has dealerships all over country and offer premium at trade time. I haven't had very good luck with my 997 I bought last year. Hopefully it was just a lemon and these three mowers do awesome. When and if we ever get to start mowing I will let you know what I think on them. The gravely would be my premium choice though. The dealer near me only has one ztr in stock didn't know anything about the fleet pricing. Didn't have a loaner mower if I was down so I figured I should steer away
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. TPendagast

Male

a loaner mower is hardly a 'standard' feature for the dealership.

Do you not buy ford because the dealer won't give you a pick up truck when your truck is in the shop??

Your JD dealer gives out loaners?
    are you sure or is that a yea yea, sure sure, wink wink thing?
    you already had one bad mower from them, so three more is a good step?

would you buy a spare mower and keep it around incase you break down?
    hmm then why should you expect your dealer to do that?

I did that with MY dealership, true, but I also ran a landscaping company and a used mower that went un purchased just rotated into my fleet… most dealers don't have that kind of duplicity.

don't look at no loaner mower being something of a red flag for a dealer.
    he doesn't know about fleet pricing? it's called a phone. have him call the distributor.

how many times have you gone into a national chain and someone might not know about a nationally advertised promotion?
    It happens.
    the guy is small….

Should I steer clear of you, and not hire you to mow my lawn because your a small fry business?

7. GMLC

8. nashlawn01

nashlawn01 LawnSite Senior Member

Oh did I offend you somehow? I'm sorry but if I walk into a mower dealership that makes a living selling mowers and small engine repair and they cant tell me anything about it, it kind of does throw a red flag for me. I'm not going in a big box store and talking to some idiot about lawnmowers. This guy has been there for 10+ years too. To be there that long and pull everything upon computer??????? And yep a loaner program. Reasearch it. The dealer gets a couple of demo units in and they loan them to you if yours is down to keep you working. But yes I do have a backup. It's a scag wildcat with 2000 hours on it and a bagging system. I use it mainly in fall for leaves. But the main reason I went back john deere is resale. I'll explain. Lady year I traded in my 2009 scag turf tiger with 1200 hours. My scag dealer offers me$3000 because he was in process of moving shop and had his funds tied up. Gravely dealer offered me $2200. Kind of a slap on the face. John deere gave me $6500. Because Meade is able to afford it. So if I trade every 2-3 years it only makes since to go green
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. GMLC

99% of dealers here provide loaners to commercial customers. The others for the most part have gone out of business.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. TPendagast

Male

That's frikken AWESOME!!!

I wonder how long that will last? would be cool if they can keep that going for ever.

I like how it says 'commercial duty' …. makes the homies with their nuts an bolts wait in a different, longer line.

Saweet.