1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

stander mowers!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DillonsLawnCare, Oct 28, 2007.

1. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

hey guys, im torn between getting a ztr or keeping my walkbehind and ive thought that a stander would be somewhere in the middle of both of those.

what do you guys know about standers? are the good machines and easy to operate/maintain??

:usflag: :usflag:
  2. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I think stander mowers are great for smaller properties and hills. I used to have a Toro midmount Z...great mower but a stander type mower works much better for me on those type properties.
  3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I use my Stander on 1/4 acre up through 1+acres........very productive, safe and functional...... Get the largest engine you can no which ever unit you buy......
  4. blind04

blind04 LawnSite Member

i had a great dane super surfer about 3 years ago, loved using it. it was fun to use, very manuverable, and got in and out of places that a mid mount or walk behind just would do. but it didnt cut grass very well at all. i had it a half a season and sold it.
  5. Tom5301

Tom5301 LawnSite Member

I have 4 standers best mower I have ever ran cause you can use one mower for everthing.
  6. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

Standers are the best. I have the origional Great Dane surfers, and a JD QT 657. The old GD's are better. Their design is simular to the Wright Stander, only better.