Stander vs. Sentar...advantages

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chariot, Mar 22, 2002.

1. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with both of these machines. What are some advantages of one over the other? Is the Sentar uncomfortable to stand on with the shorter controls than the Stander? How about the hill stability, one better than the other. I was reading a thread I found through the search and some think the Sentar is better on hills. Any info on either machine will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

The stander is great. I think its comfortable and stable on hills. I love how compact it is (more versital than my eXmark Lazer)

I don't like the fixed deck. I'd rather have the deck on the sentar. I don't have experience on the sentar, so I can't say much about it. I have a 36" stander on the trailer right now...(a demo)...and love it. It will go anywhere. I use a 6.4 x 10' trailer and could put 4 of these things on it.

Also does wonders cuttin weeds!

3. chariot

Hey Guardian, do you own a Stander or have you just used the demo you spoke of?

4. chariot

I thought that I would bring this back to the top, surely someone has first hand experience! Thanks