1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Stander vs Zero

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fwilamosky, Feb 22, 2012.

1. MTenterprises

MTenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark dealer is less than 5 min from my house and grasshopper is 30, so that makes a diff to me too.

2. I would buy a grasshopper over the exmark, but our grasshopper dealer isn't very good and barely keeps any in stock. When I first got into this business I wanted a scag, but I didn't like the dealer. Sometimes dealer support is more important than which mower you like best. My exmark dealer is great
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. edensgate7

edensgate7 LawnSite Member

A hearty I agree to this. Dealers need to stock stuff. I had a dealer that never seemed to carry anything I needed for a particular mower that I owned and they are supposedly a five-star dealer for this particular mower yet I had to always wait for up to a week for parts. I wanted to buy a new piece of equipment and he said I had to wait three weeks to see equipment in May that I wanted to look at before forking over 10 grand to buy. He flat out told me that he was not going to stock stuff that he couldn't sell quickly. I laughed and replied I can't buy stuff in May if you don't stock it till June when the season is a third of the way over and walked out the door and never went back lol.