1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stander with snow plow?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Adam3669, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone ever heard of attaching a snow plow to a Stander?

Would this be a good idea...and do you think it would be able to get around in the snow?
  2. googles

googles LawnSite Senior Member

I would like to know if anyone has made one or if they sell one?
  3. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

No way. TOO high and it just feels weird. I guess because I'm still getting use to my Stander. Creepy, Very Creepy
  4. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

We put a Moose County plow from a 4 wheeler on a GD Super Surfer. It worked great. We put a winch on it powered from the battery and some bungee chains on the rear tires. It would push more snow than a 4 wheeler.
  5. googles

well if you are just getting used to the stander then you may feel a lot different in a few months. For me driving it is easier then walking. If they do make a plow i wont have an issue with it feeling creepy!! haha....:dizzy:
  6. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Let me put it to ya this way. A snow plow on a stander does exist. And thats all I am going to say.

To the one person I know is going to read this, I told ya I am not the only one who wanted a plow on a stander. :p
  7. CustomKare

CustomKare LawnSite Member

I wrote WRIGHT and suggested....never heard anything. JRCO Inc probably hasd a plow
  8. farmboy1285

farmboy1285 LawnSite Senior Member

I thougt about welding one for my surfer but I decided I didnt want to go drilling holes into my new machine. I am trying to figure out a way to mount a snowblower or broom. But then theres that problem with drilling holes and for me its like taking a sledge hammer to a BMW.
  9. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I think JRCO makes one that will work on a stander. That is something I thought about for the while...
  10. googles

does anyone know if jrco does make one for sure. would love to find a pic of it.