Standers with wallkbehind option?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bronyaur, Jun 17, 2004.

1. bronyaur

bronyaur LawnSite Member

Does anybody know if any of the Stander manufacturers will offer this option any time soon.I feel this option is key for soft wet ground.If not,what about disconnecting the safties.Anyone out there try?How did it go?Thanks
  2. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Well the first wright stander prototype did that. But wright decided it wasn't cost effective. But I heard something about them doing it again. After many people asking for it.
  3. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I recall one post where a guy disabled the safety but slipped or something and had the blade area brush against his foot, very lucky not to have been hurt. He indicated it wasn't a good idea.

But I think that if done right, it would really make the standers revolutionary, since they could fill both ride on and walk behind roles then. It has lots of technical hurdles, I'm sure, as far as weight balance and such. But I bet it can be done.
  4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

OR you could just buy a Great Dane Super Surfer, you can step off and walk behind mine if you wanted to. Mine will pass over the exremelly soft ground we have down here no problem. It's been raining here for the last 3 days, I mowed our swamp er yard today.