Standing Out

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thefarmer4, Feb 6, 2001.

1. klite

klite LawnSite Member

I was looking in Gemplers book and saw all cotton shirts in LIME Green. I think with Green lettering they would look great, with Green work pants too.

2. visions landscape

visions landscape LawnSite Member

WE wear green shirts with logo on back, also hooded pull
    overs for cool days.

3. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

We wear either yellow or blue shirts. Either way, both of us wear the same color on the same day.

4. A+Elawnservice

A+Elawnservice LawnSite Member
    from nj

do not use white or grey they will get dirty rally fast and won't be able to clean the stanes go with dark collars dark grey, blue, black,red ect

5. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

I have light grey cotton shirts with my logo in the corner in the front. They are like a t-shirt, but with a collar. They look more professional than a basic T. They really do not stand out and you could not read them until you are up close. They are not suited for advertising. If you want that, get a yellow shirt with the logo in green on the back. A Co. around here has them and they look nice.

6. HacMan91

HacMan91 LawnSite Member

We have T-Shirts that are a color called natural, kind of off white. Doesnt show dirt and are as light as we can get with out being white. Dark Green letters on the back and on the breast pocket.

7. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

T's Tan w/ hunter green lettering l/c and back
    Tanks grey w/ "" "" "" "" "" ""
    Sweat Shirts and jackets Huntergreen w/ tan lettering as above
    Hats, 6 panel low profile green brim, tan top w/ green embroidering.
    All staff must wear workboots
    Crewchiefs get additional green polo's tan l/c lettering only.

Earth tone colors.

White shows dirt way too quick. Darker colors are hot (even 100% cotton). 100% cotton will stretch out of shape quicker than 50-50's

8. King City Lawns

King City Lawns LawnSite Member

We had both grey and green shirts with opposit color lettering on each until now. We really did not have a logo till now either. i now have safety ORANGE shirts. They really stand out.. The green logo and black lettering is very visible and we get a lot of coments in them. We wear the oranfe shirts and kahki shorts or pants. Working on a hat right now.

9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I didn't have a uniform last year first year, part time).
    But I will have one this coming year.
    I drive a yellow Dodge Dakota. It's called "solar yellow". Very bright, REALLY stands out.

I probably won't do it, but I have toyed with the idea of an all yellow theme. Truck, trailer (enclosed in future), shirts, maybe even paper for bills, etc.

There's a couple companies that use yellow like a maid service, a steam cleaning service and probably at least one or two more that I've forgotten.

I don't know though. The yellow truck and enclosed trailer would really stand out and definately become a thing of recognition over time, but I've found that some people really hate yellow. It's one of those things where they either like it or hate it, no in between

What do you guys think?

10. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I think I'll just go topless this year and tatoo my name across my back...........that'll be different.

I've done red......too hot down here.
    I've done yellow.........
    I've done ash grey sleeveless
    I'm on ?????????? some kinda tan color now with sleeves.

I got a couple of Polo's with the collar. I sure like the way they look but they're white........get dirty quick and the collar bugs me.

Yep.........topless and tatoo'd.............cool!:cool:

Got to get down there to the gym and the tanning bed first.