1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Star edger blades...question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Big C, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

What is the advantage (if any) of having the star edger blade verses the regular ones?

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

To me itz the price they are higher...
  3. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

They get used up just like regular rectangular blades, don't go around corners as well and cost a lot more. And why do some edger blades come sharpened ? The more square the surface is the better job it is going to do.
  4. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a few star blades to try and I can say that they work better than regular blades. I can go faster and have a better edge. They last more than twice as long as the regular ones too.
    The down side is that they require more power to run.
    I will buy more of them.
  5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

They work better in tall growth. I think it's because they clean the path out faster as you go.
  6. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

They make it easier to follow a curb as well. I can run while edging and still get a perfect edge.
  7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I know I use them also....seem to last alot longer and do a better job....maybe its just my mind playing games with me but Im still using them after 5 years