1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

star edger blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fastcat, Apr 7, 2008.

1. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

does anyone use the star shaped edger blades or anyother type blades. what edger blade do you find does the best job.
  2. jcthorne

jcthorne LawnSite Member

I only buy the star edger blades. They seem to give a cleaner edge with less effort and that's important enough for me to justify the cost difference. I don't know that the extra cost is worth the price difference on small properties, but it sure makes up for it on large properties when you have a dedicated edger man running for 8-10 hours straight on one job.
  3. Frontstreetlawns

Frontstreetlawns LawnSite Member

i use both, the star blades dont jump out of your edge near as bad
  4. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Where are you guys purchasing these star edger blades?
  5. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

6. Trenchblade

Trenchblade LawnSite Senior Member

Have you seen the Trenchblade. It is an awesome addition for your stick edger blade arsenal.
  7. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

Is the trenchblade just basically the same thing as a normal edger? Whats the difference?
  8. Frontstreetlawns

Frontstreetlawns LawnSite Member

i get the star edger blades from my dealer
  9. Trenchblade

Trenchblade LawnSite Senior Member

It is a specialty edger blade that will fit onto most any stick edger. It is flailed in opposite directions on each end that will give you a 2" wide trench as opposed to a standard flat edger blade only making a .125" grove in the soil. there are a few pictures on our website that show the shape and the demo video shows what kind of trench it will make.
  10. slowleak1

slowleak1 LawnSite Senior Member

damn i wish i would wave had one of those last week!