1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

star seal on house

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by kwegman003, Jul 20, 2008.

1. kwegman003

kwegman003 LawnSite Member

how can I remove star seal water based sealer off paint or baked aluminum(cant recall)? I did 3 jobs last week when there was a 0% chance of rain on accuweather, and it poured for 15 minutes causing wash-off and splatter on the siding.
  2. Loooogie

Loooogie LawnSite Senior Member
    from YORK

Isn't than considered an act of God? You are not responsible.
  3. blacktop

blacktop LawnSite Member
    from toronto

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, if it is water base try soap and water plus a brush but if dried you might what to try a slovent base cleaner. Just try it in a small test spot first to make sure it does not effect the paint or finish of the siding.
  4. kwegman003

kwegman003 LawnSite Member

I do not believe that I am liable because it was an act of god, but I would rather have the satisfied customer so I will spend an hour or so trying to clean it the best I can.
  5. Loooogie

Loooogie LawnSite Senior Member
    from YORK

Nothing wrong with that but make sure your customer knows it.
  6. EWS

EWS LawnSite Member

go to your sealmaster dealer there and buy masterflo its about 30 a gallon. soap and water is not gonna do anything and whatever you do dont use gas or painthinner. I use masterflo to clean my truck and i also use it if i ever get it on something. usually a gallon will last me a season and i use it to clean my hands sometimes too
  7. t&t

t&t LawnSite Member
    from oregon

we always use wd40
  8. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

I've had luck with the "Magic Eraser" think it's Mr. Clean, but not real sure, that's the Wife's Dept. ( did I say that out loud? )
  9. SealCoatPlus

SealCoatPlus LawnSite Member

solveall NAC supply has it great stuff
  10. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss LawnSite Member

act of god? thats the biggest gypsie line i have ever heard. try that line with the EPA when sealer starts washing down the sewer. see if they agree with you.