start date scheduled yet?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, Mar 1, 2006.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i'm planning for the end of next week, or the following... weather permitting.
    thatching, ferting, ... can't wait.

you guys have a date yet?

Don't the pre-emergents have to be down prior to the Forsythia blooms?

2. Sir mowsalot

Sir mowsalot LawnSite Senior Member

Im planning on starting spring cleanups next week weather permitting. Its a little early but, im rearin to go, and get out there and do some stuff. CABIN FEVER.
    I put down pre-emergent about the last week of march, again weather permitting.

3. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Nothing yet, I won't be starting my few spring clean-ups until the first part of April. :cry:

4. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

Ive already started some cleanups and mulching. Ill get my pre-ems down starting the end of next week.

We are badly in need of some rain though. Its been about a 6 weeks since we have had a measurable amount of rain and there is really none in sight.

5. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Maybe so, but not before the snow melts :dizzy:

Easy there, Adam. spring's coming, but let's at least let the frost out of the ground, huh :D

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Actually right at the same time, prior is too early I'm told.

Well, I had a tentative start date until I saw the weather forecast for tomorrow...and maybe another storm next week early too they say. Oh well, we will see. I'll take that white gold that falls from the sky anytime!

7. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

I'll probably be starting sometime around the end of April as usual. We have about 18 inches of snow still on the ground with another 3-6 forcasted for tonight or tomorrow and another batch coming on Saturday.

Buck

8. sparcolawn

sparcolawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

I'm in central NH and we only have a few inches of snow on the ground. i have a contract thats set to begin the 15th of march so if all goes well i'll be starting in 2 weeks..... we hope!

9. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

This late in the winter you can keep the white stuff all for yourself Buck :clapping: I'm looking to start around mid-March, ground temp is about 30-32 degrees farenhiet, so wee have a little bit before pre-ems, likely last week of March.

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Don't even have one penciled in yet...

Maybe April 3rd full bore? I don't know. I need to have a look at things I guess.
    Getting started pre-Easter usually sets the date. But not this year.

I may work some this month if people want some pre-season stuff done.
    Personally, I've seen continous cutbacks on pre-season and extra services.
    So maybe April 3rd?

Guess I should go drag out the calendar.