Start of a New Project To Liven this Forum

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Venturewest, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Macdiesiel

Macdiesiel LawnSite Member

I didn't see all the photos before I wrote this

2. ppl

ppl LawnSite Member

hiring? Love to get some experience like that

3. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, that is a great compliment. I wish I was up in your area doing this sort of thing. This is actually my fourth water feature on my own. This is by far the largest. I have attended and helped at many pond and pondless builds sponsored by manufacturers.

I could use some help. I only have one person working for me, and this is his first experience with a water feature.

4. ppl

ppl LawnSite Member

I have done a few features trouble is finding good boulder with shape, materials around here are granite and Basalt. They do not have character like sand stone. Your work looks well thought out, where done you get inspiration for them.

5. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Koi? who needs those stinking Koi anyway? Now take your average bass for example, now thats a hardy pond fish.:laugh:
    Keep up the good work Ron. Love seeing the progress.

6. jasonlandscape

jasonlandscape LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

is the gravel slick rock, or river slicks?

7. Venturewest

I am not familiar with those terms. It is washed river rock excavated from river beds here in Oklahoma. The smaller stuff is called 1 1/2 inch but it is smaller than I would like. I am going to use a lot of the 2 -4".

8. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

that is a true talent you have, just wish you were on the east coast so I could give you some free labor. keep up the good work

9. Venturewest

Thanks a lot. Man I wish you were in the midwest, I could use some free labor. Or some paid labor for that matter. My only worker just gave me notice!

10. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks great! I'd love to be able to take on a project like that!