Start times

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jody P, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Jody P

Jody P LawnSite Member

Presently we are maintaining model homes and spec homes in new subdivisions.
    We generally start cutting the entrances and model homes around 8:00. In residential subdivisions what times do you normally start?

2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

8:00 on anything Resdiential or near residential. Sometimes 7:45 when we want to push it.

3. Sybran

Sybran LawnSite Member

we start residential at 8am and commercial at 7am around here.

4. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

depends on the weather. If its mid summer in the middle of a heat wave we start at 7am so we can try and finish a little earlier and at least be a little more comfortable in the morning. However, when I start at that time the customers neighbors complain its too early. So most of the time its between 7:30 and 8.

5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

We usually start at 8:00 a.m.

6. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

In the summer we are on the jobs by 5:15-5:30 but Phx. is an different town in the summer. Most people here are early risers, not unusual to see people jogging or biking at 5:00 am. Lots of people leave town for the summer too. Today we were on first property at 6:45 As with most things use common sense and know your clients, do what works for you.

7. Sir mowsalot

Sir mowsalot LawnSite Senior Member

I fire the z up at my first stop at 7:30 am.

8. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

What about the morning dew? Doesn't that interfer with your morning start times? I know that the clumping can get pretty bad.

9. Big Wes

Big Wes LawnSite Member

If you're not mowing damp grass, you're not mowing. My first 3 lawns are usually wet/damp when I mow them. If you have clumps, raise your deck and go over the clumps, they usually disperse pretty well using that method.