Start times

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Reassurance Property, May 16, 2012.

?

Start times

1. 6:00

20 vote(s)
    7.0%
  2. 6:30

21 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. 7:00

58 vote(s)
    20.2%
  4. 7:15

9 vote(s)
    3.1%
  5. 7:30

39 vote(s)
    13.6%
  6. 7:45

11 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. 8:00

83 vote(s)
    28.9%
  8. 8:15

7 vote(s)
    2.4%
  9. 8:30

21 vote(s)
    7.3%
  10. 9:00

34 vote(s)
    11.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I TRY to be to the shop around 7 and roll out about 730. Run by the Casey's, grab a snack and fuel if needed and be to the first job about 8. Then of course, work til I get to the bottom of the list.

2. ebassett

ebassett LawnSite Member

We start early in the summer 7 - 7.30am, late in the winter.

Depends on the workload.

3. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

All depends on the workload for the day. I'm not starting the season with 40hrs worth of work so we'll just play it by ear as the season starts and the workload builds.

4. Mr.LaVere

Mr.LaVere LawnSite Member

Get equipment ready as soon as 6:30-7am. Turn blades on at 8am and try to be done before 5 to beat traffic on the way home. But that doesn't always happen.

5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i leave the house around 9:30. by that time the dew is dried up for the most part. i hate getting up early anyways. i'm usually done by 3 or 4pm on an average day. it's a common mistake that people think you have to work 10-12hrs a day in this business 7 days a week. i work probaby 5-6hrs a day 5 days a week and i make plenty of money to live on. i guess it depends on where you live. $5000 a month is more money than i've made at any other job in my whole life. we also basically work 10months out of the year down here. $50k a year here is upper middle class. average job here pays $20k-$35k per year unless you are a doctor, engineer, or other college degree type job. i did work an auto factory job for 6 years where i made the same money. $50k a a year. i worked 8-10hrs a day there including swing shifts (1st and 2nd alternating) as well as 2 saturdays a month. so basically i'm working half as much and making the same amount of money lol. that's why i love this job. being solo has it's benefits.

6. Lawn132012

Lawn132012 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Start at 7am for treating lawns and 8 am for cutting lawns. Though we change times in the Summer being a resort area for cutting in the Summer to 9am. Had to many complaints of cutting lawns with the noise for summer rentals and hungover guests. LOL

7. JustRidinAlong

JustRidinAlong LawnSite Member

I get up around 5:30-5:45. Get into the shop and start looking at the day and needs betw. 6 and 6:30. My dealership opens a 7, so if I need line or mix I can swing by before work really starts generally between 8 - 9.

8. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Start times are between 5:30 and 6:30 depending on the day. We used to have a commercial account where we were on site for 6..... It was an hour drive there.

9. TitanLC

TitanLC LawnSite Member

Crews hit the first yard by 8am. We feel it's a very reasonable and respectful time to start running loud equipment - not just for customers, but their neighbors as well (who may very well turn into customers!)

10. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

8am-6pm 4 days a week. We get very heavy dew here and takes awhile to burn off a lot of mornings.