start up probrams

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by crc13, Jan 13, 2007.

1. crc13

crc13 LawnSite Member
    from 54313

Wow! I did a google search and there are so many start up programs, ranging from 20 bucks to 400 bucks. They include contracts, etc. Any advice out there as to any that would work great?

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Don't go and purchase anything. There is too much information on this site and sites like this. There is many many people who have helped others and put their contract samples, proposal, and letters on here (or link to) to share. Business plan information, requirements, info on how to contact people, as well as all sorts of other info is all available in the archives of this one site. take some time, use the search feature, and this S going to be research - because it is nothing you are going to take in in one or two hours time. there is just TOO much information. There WILL be many on here who will reply to questions and will answer questions, but try to use the search features, first. This will answer alot of the basics, first. This way, you are not asking aloy of the redundant questions. But DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK! There ARE no "dumb" questions, here. That is what this forum is designed around. As we say, the only bad question, is the one unasked. Oh, we DO occasionally get some dumb answers here, though!:laugh: Heck, just read through some of MY posts! Good luck, and happy hunting.:)

3. rotagilla

rotagilla LawnSite Member

I went out and bought a book "How to start and run a Landscaping Business" by Joel Larusic. It's a great book and comes with a cd-rom with all the sample forms you'll need. It was less than $20 bucks. After the last couple years of doing this stuff part time this book has really helped me turn pro. I just incorporated in Jan. 2007 ( went legit ) and hope to be full time by the end of this season. Most of all I found this website and have spent hours trying to read every post I could. Lots of good stuff here just ask!! Good luck and don't give up!!

4. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

What the heck is a probram? Seriously though.....like Runner said. Don't buy anything, yet. Research the crap out of this site. EVERYTHING is on here somewhere!

5. crc13

crc13 LawnSite Member
    from 54313

I will take the advise given. Thank you very much! I hope all goes well. Good luck to everyone this season.

6. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

I agree that is a great book for the money for someone just starting. I found a copy of it in a library one day when I was looking for something else and got a copy through amazon.com. Gave it to a friend that was starting up and he used the stuff on the CD and took ideas as they came and made his own templates from it. Also told him to come here and read since we are on opposite ends of the valley now and he is a teacher and only mows in the summer.

7. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

I also got the book How to start and run a Landscaping Business. great book, lots of good info in there. you cant beat it for $16.