Started a good size job yesterday...

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Red Shed Landscaping, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Red Shed Landscaping

Red Shed Landscaping LawnSite Member

No I am not agitated to talk to potential customers and like to talk to people but its when they are just telling stories when I am trying to get some work done and keep they guys busy that gets a little tiring.

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Perhaps contracting isn't for you?? :laugh:

3. Red Shed Landscaping

Meeting and talking to customers is one of my favorite parts of my job. In fact working for perfectionists is even better since I am the same way and we have the same mind waves.

I love to hear stories but just not when I am trying to run equipment, get some work done and am 3 month behind schedule.

4. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

Tell them $10 extra an hour to watch and $20 to help....
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

3 months! I though 2 weeks was bad
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Red Shed Landscaping

We have had so much rain this spring making it impossible to do much of anything until the last couple of weeks. Most people are understanding and realize the situation. A lot of farmers weren't even able to plant some of their fields this year. Food prices will be going up this year if the corn doesn't make it.

I have heard from people calling me that they have called every other landscaper in the area saying everyone is booked through this year from about a month ago. I am still working on getting to projects I booked last year.

7. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Thats tough to swallow, especially when the weather gets in the way of progress. Its either too much rain or a drought.

8. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

They paid the admission price to the show. Besides, our business is all about people and the new relationships we establish. If it's only about money, moving block or whatever your thing is, is going to get old quick. If they are only watching, then it's no big deal, they are just excited. If they start questioning everything you do, well, then that is a different story entirely.

9. DVS Hardscaper

I had my house built 10 years ago. Nothing fancy by any means.

The night I got the official approval for the mortgage I was so excited I did not sleep.

The day we went to final settlement and I walked into the complete house I was so happy and proud and I said "now I know what it feels like for my customers when we do work for them".

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  10. DVS Hardscaper

Some people gotta have the lights off.

Me, I like the lights on.

Be proud and let em watch.

.that is, unless you don't know what you're doing......

Posted via Mobile Device