1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Started a New Good Size Pondless Waterfall

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Venturewest, Oct 21, 2008.

1. XStream Aquatics

XStream Aquatics LawnSite Member

What is the max head on the Alantics
  2. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Larry, They wouldn't be worth using beyond 15' I bet. They put out a little over 4000 gph at 5'. Good for tons of efficient flow at low head.
  3. ANC Stone Creations

ANC Stone Creations LawnSite Member

I would use 2 cal pumps, 7500 I have used many of them in larger water features.
    These 2 together would pump around 10k-12k gph at that head height.
    But they would draw about 7-8 amps per pump.
  4. Venturewest

I really want to push the energy efficiency of this subdivision entrance. I am going to install the latest LED lighting technology also. I used a ton of watefall foam so I wont lose any water. I tested the feature with a 8 gpm garden hose and I got water flow all the way to the bottom of my feature, even in one spot where I did a 3 way stream division. I think it will really flow with 8 or 9 K gph.

I am open to using the Cals sometimes though.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Nice work lookin good
  6. Summit L & D

Summit L & D LawnSite Senior Member

Any updates on this feature?
  7. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Wheres the resta the pics?
  8. Venturewest

Sorry for the delay. There has been a delay from the utility company getting permanent power out there. I wanted the next pics to have the waterfall flowing. There are 5 nice size loblolly pines and 3 blue atlas cedars behind the feature. It is going to get some nice scaping.

Just about time for the lighting. I will post ASAP
  9. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Looking foward to seeing the pictures. I am beginning to read up on these features, I may have a job next season involving the installation of a pondless feature
  10. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Hey Venture,
    Ahhh, I just love seeing guys using large boulders for their waterfall construction. Looking very good, can't wait to see the finals.