Started a New Good Size Pondless Waterfall

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Venturewest, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

With the slowdown, looks like I am going back into landscaping and of course waterfall construction. Now, I just need to find someone to work for. Could be a tough task to find a company nowdays. I am excited though. I have missed building waterfalls and hardscapes.

2. jasonlandscape

jasonlandscape LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

If you find anyone to work for and they or you need extra help, i'll move to idaho to work.

i have not had any work in about 6 weeks...mainly cuz i just started on my own about a yr ago and don't have enuff money to advertise.

3. scooterbug311

scooterbug311 LawnSite Member

venturewest...... it has been a long time since we have talked. how have you been? business going good? I really like that pondless you did. it is really beautiful. you should hit me up and we can chat!!!!

4. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

Had to take some ice picks on our coldest morning of the year. About 7 degrees this morning.

SnowLOWEmail1.jpg

SnowLOWEmail3.jpg

5. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

That is fantastic looking!

6. Chrysalis

Chrysalis LawnSite Member

Hey Venture,

How do pumps and water feature hold up to below freezing temperatures? Are you able to keep the fall running even as the water starts to freeze with no problems?

Your friend,

Marc

7. letsplay

letsplay LawnSite Member

The water features all of you guys do look great. They look like they have always been there. I love rock work, water features but I dont get to do much.

What size and type of excavators are you guys using to move such large boulders or larger boulders?

I don't think a bobcat 331 or the comparable size Takeuchi will move those size boulders in the pictures presented

Love the pictures. Thanks for the info.

8. XStream Aquatics

XStream Aquatics LawnSite Member

I like to use between 8000-14000 lb. excavators.

9. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Small lifts.................................Big lifts.

what0002_1.JPG

what0001_2.JPG

what0001_3.JPG

what0002_2.JPG

10. letsplay

letsplay LawnSite Member

Nice big boy rocks!. Would love to see a finished photo with the large verticle rocks. any suggestions where to purchase large stone and boulders other then landscape supply centers?

You guys should all be proud of your work and thank you for sharing.