Started a New Good Size Pondless Waterfall

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Venturewest, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Ok, heres a few more pics of it.

what0004.JPG

what0003.JPG

what0001_4.JPG

what0002_3.JPG

2. letsplay

letsplay LawnSite Member

Thanks for sharing Tim. I wish we had some developements here that built such great water features. Impressive stuff. I was wondering how you got the vertical rocks to balance. If you don't mind me asking, how do you get the water effect on top of the stones? Is it just tubing that has been run up the sides or something else? Thanks again for the pictures. I would hire you!

3. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

I have basically the same question as 'letsplay'. If the large vertical stones are core drilled, who do you get to do the drilling? Very impressive Water Feature, would like to be able to market similar designs in this area, but the core drilling stopped me.

4. Lite4

Thanks guys. The largest boulder that was set by the crane has an 8" core drilled through 10' of it's entire length. The other smaller ones are 6" and 4" cores. We had a concrete cutting company come out and core them for us. On the really big ones we had the bases leveled off with a diamond wire saw to make setting easier. Once they were all set in place and the plumbing was done, we placed large, shorter base boulders around them in a sort of ring and filled up the interiors with concrete to stabilize the whole formation. Not one of my favorite features but it served it's purpose in a narrow entryway space.

5. burge19

burge19 LawnSite Member

not to be nosy but what would somehting like that cost....!!! i wouldnt even know where to start..haha

6. Chrysalis

Chrysalis LawnSite Member

Tim,

Put some consideration into moving down here to South Florida to make some good money down here for awhile! Business is great for installs / water features / lighting. We could combine forces! Plus, you just can't beat the weather, and the women. :)

Marc

7. Lite4

Hey Marc,
    I just took a job in Indy today. Sorry!

8. alf500series

alf500series LawnSite Senior Member

are you putting anything special under the heavy rocks to keep them from puncturing the liner?

9. Chrysalis

Chrysalis LawnSite Member

just a double layer of rubber liner