Started my Pesticide/Grounds Master class

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DoubleCutter, Sep 23, 2003.

1. DoubleCutter

DoubleCutter LawnSite Member

Anyone else kinda worried after the first class......All these chemicals and stuff I never used....A 4 inch thick book.....No time to study....Think I wasted 400 bucks....It was this or get my CDL....CDL seems a ton easier.
    On another note, I can see why these guys spraying charge what they do.....licensing/registering/yearly costs are friggin out rageous in CT.
    Im thinking of just dropping lawns and doing spraying. Im getting sick of mowing.....not like I am the only one
    Bill

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yup, and all the records that you have to keep in regards to the pesticide applications. All the safety and storage precautions as well. WHAT FUN!!!

3. DoubleCutter

Still seems more profitable, plus I dont see as much of a plethora of ham and eggers(at all doing spraying) as I do in lawn mowing. As their is some serious fines/etc. I guess I could always just sub out for someone, even though I will have my supervisors license(I MF'in Hope)

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

true, how are you laws setup? Do you have to have a pesticide business license and also a individual pesticide license? That is how it is here in Michigan.

5. DoubleCutter

Yeah its exactly like that, but the operator/individual cant do anything on their own,

6. DoubleCutter

Yeah its exactly like that, but the operator/individual cant do anything on their own, like their own spraying business. I could work under someone else, like just get paid directly from them, but not have to go through all the bs the operator/individ does. Its kinda like that, we just skimmed over that really quick today. got classes on tuesday from now till snow plow season. Its really worth it just for the disease/weed/application knowledge I am going to learn, just dont know bout all the other bs yet
    Bill

7. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, it is a pain in the butt and extremely profitable. I decided to wait 'til this winter to get my lisence. That way I have time for all the classes and can get my storage, filing system, and truck set up for next spring. After getting all my books and study materials though the state I realized how time consumming it's going to be. What the heck; not like I'm going to be overwelmed with work from Dec. to March.