Started really late

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Poncho25, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

Well i started really late with getting my business up and running, wanted to make sure i had most of everything covered before I did anything...well last week was my 1st week of marketing, as of now I have 6 clients and 4 of those are year long agreements the other 2 are just for the summer I just got my door hangers delievered and will be handing them out this weekend, I am very excited about my turn around right now, i have had 8 leads and won 6 of them, so think I am doing something right, atm I am charging an adverage of 140.00 a month, a few of the ones that signed year long agreements I got 50 for the 1st job cause it's either alot of work (cleaning, yard hasn't been cut in a long time, stuff like that). I also won a bid today, told her it would be 40 per cut cause she is about 20 miles away, but I liked her area she lived in and thought it would be a great place to try to branch out, but she kinda made a face when I told her the price, I plain out told her, "you will find a place that is cheaper then I am" but you won't find the service that I will provide 100% of the time!!" She smiled and said "where do i sign" :)

I have to thank everyone on this site!! I have browsed around here for months now reading everything I can...and without alot of the stuff here, I would have been lost or learned alot of stuff the hard way :) so thanks...i think I am headin in the right direction!!!

2. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

i like the logo man...thats pretty friggin sweet:clapping:

3. Poncho25

Thanks Palmer!! took me a long time to figure out the name then come up with the logo i wanted to use, just found this cool font, and figured, why not just use grass and a crown on the letter K :) I am very happy with it.

4. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah good luck with your business... Today my daughter and I threw 500 flyers. Tomorrow another 500 and 500 the day after. Then Im off to printing 1000 more..all 3 kids taking turns helping me :)

5. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Well its "better to be late then never"! :laugh:
    What equipment are you using? Are you insured?

6. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

BTW nice logo. It will look nice on the trucks when you get some. :)

7. NewbieNC

NewbieNC LawnSite Member

Thats an awesome logo!!!

8. Poncho25

I am insured, i have a 2 mill coverage.

ATM the equipment I am using is not the best as I didn't want to spend a chunk of change till I see that I am going to be sucessful at this.

I had a 2006 Gravley 34z @home version, its not as great as the commercial, but it def does a great job and can withsand some hard work, they have made the product alot better this time around, and alot of people in my area and surrounding, have the 36 inch gates, so these fit perfectly. I also have a 33 1/2 inch deck Troy-Built as a back up. The only thing I purchased was all the Stihl power equiptment, trimer, hedge trimer, edger, Blower. I have also ordered a Sign for the back of the trailer using my logo, with of course the number nice and big, as well as two door magnets for my truck...if i only knew how to easly post pictures on here :) i would show you all.

9. Poncho25

Testing to see if i can upload the pictures that I currently have.

The inside of the trailer needs some work, I am open to suggestions :) but if you post a suggestion, also post whats needed and how to get it done! :)

frontwall.jpg

insidetrailer.jpg

Rig.jpg

sidetrailer.jpg

trimmer wall.jpg

frontwall.jpg

insidetrailer.jpg

Rig.jpg

sidetrailer.jpg

trimmer wall.jpg