1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Started Round 2 Today

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by J Hisch, Apr 19, 2007.

1. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Well even with the quick spring that came upon us it turned good and cold for about 2 weeks again, and we finally got a few weed control only done yesterday and started R2 today hope we finish before Memorial day. Where is everyone else at? I really feel for the northern operators.
  2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I'm starting Rd 2 on Monday, thats about a week earlier than I thought I would. but about a week later than usual. I have lost at least 2 weeks with all the rain and cold weather.
  3. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Started R2 here earlier this month. And then we had a late freeze that sent the C4 turf back into dormancy.

There may be some damaged lawns in this area, but right now it too early to tell for sure.
  4. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

BITE ME!!!!!!!!!! Still have 3 weeks left for round 1 to be complete......Barely 1/2 way done with it.
  5. profigala

profigala LawnSite Member

i started rd 2 the 18th. Right now im about 2 week behind where i want to be, hopefully the weather gods will start to cooperate.
  6. Grassworks Inc.

Grassworks Inc. LawnSite Member

almost half done Rd1. Only 18 mil sq.ft. more to go. Planning on starting rd 2 around Memorial Day. Can't wait!!
  7. LawnJohn

LawnJohn LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

Starting R2 on Monday less fert. Hopefully it won't be windy.
  8. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Finished up about April 1, just in time for the freeze to kill every blossoming apply tree in Tennessee and 99% of the peach crop in South Carolina...No dandilions though.
  9. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

We start R-2 on Monday 4/23/7

The cold snap helped us in central Md.
  10. M.C.L.C.

M.C.L.C. LawnSite Member

Started rd 2 here bout 2 weeks ago, probably gonna finish by end of next week. Had to push rd 2 forward a bit due to a lazy chemical guy not doing his job correctly!