1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Starter for Kohler Command 25 in Mini-Skid

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by G.L. In Ont, Dec 27, 2011.

1. G.L. In Ont

G.L. In Ont LawnSite Member

Hey folks, hope everyone had a great Christmas and got what they always wanted!! =)

I'd love some input/advice from the mechanic-types on the site as I need to tackle this job and am a little apprehensive about it.

Need to replace starter in my Thomas 25G mini-skid. Pulling old starter out and putting new one in seems straightforward as I watched a great vid on youtube.

The part that I am having trouble with is how I am going to access the starter as everything is in a very small tight space.

Does anyone have any tips/suggestions?

2. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

3. G.L. In Ont

Thanks Dutch, but that link is for the full-sized Thomas skid-steer manuals. I have the manual for my MINI-skid but it isn't of much help.

Appreciate the input though.

4. G.L. In Ont

bump bump bump
  5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

If there's no room to get your hands down into this unit to work, Your only option is to pull the engine.

I have the same issue with my personal ZTR, They stuck it down into the frame then wrapped the steel body around it.

Good Luck