Starter Machine

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by LakeCountry, Jun 4, 2001.

1. LakeCountry

LakeCountry LawnSite Member

Exmark -

I am a start-up that has been demo-ing lately and have not looked at your product. My leading machine right now is the Cub Commercial 48" Hydro 17hp Kawi - with a Sulky. I want to start with a WBH at 48" so I can have a lower entrance cost but alos have a solid machine for back-up once I purchase a Z-Rider.

My question is this. Right now I am looking at $4500 or so to get this machine on my trailer. Is there a comparable new machine that you carry that would make me want to deal with not having an actual ExMark dealer in my area?

I had planned to go all Cub as of last week, but want to make one last check to be sure I am on the right track...

Any input would be greatly appreciated...

2. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Regardless of what brand of mower you purchase, dealer support is essential to running your business. If you can't find a local dealer in your area, I would recommend against getting an eXmark. It's not that I think you're going to need to bring an eXmark in constantly or anything, but if it would go down. You need to get it back up an running as soon as possible, and without a local dealer that is just not possible. Best of luck!

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Dear LakeCountry,

As you would expect, I have no doubt that you would be pleased with our Turf Tracer HP especially with the new ECS handle design. You can ask the troops on LawnSite and I would feel very confident that they would give our walks some pretty high marks.

Price wise we are very comparable as well. Our TTHP with ECS with 48" and 17hp Kawasaki is around $4,899

Vendora Lawn has a very strong point in regards to having a local servicing Dealer nearby. Again, our Dealers are very commercial focused and understand how to service professionals like yourself. However, if no Exmark Dealer is close, than you should partner with a reputable dealer first and the mower brand becomes somewhat secondary.

Have you gone to www.exmarkdealers.com and performed a dealer search? If not, I strongly suggest you do so before you make any decisions.

Let me know if there are any other questions I can answer for you.

John Cloutier
    Marketing Communications Manager
    (402) 223-6308

4. LakeCountry

LakeCountry LawnSite Member

ExMark,

I demo'd a 52" Metro HP WBH this weekend. It had a 16hp Briggs and gear drive. The price was solid at $3200 with a sulky. I am sold on your machines as the cut quality is superb! I want to be sure on the Briggs engine however. I know you are not offering it on these anymore, going for the Kohler and Kawi's. Why the change? I have a great delaer in Brainerd MN I found that is very focused on Service for commercial guys, so I am happy with that!

How about the Briggs?

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Dear Lake Country,

Glad to hear that you found a dealership you could work with. The Metro HP is a very solid unit. The configuration with the Briggs 16hp is about 4-years old at this point. I asked around the building about the Briggs engine and it did not get any negative response.

The customer drives what engine & deck options we offer. In the case of our walk-behinds our customers prefer the Kohler and Kawasaki engines so our volumes on the Briggs engine did not justify continued manufacturing. Sounds like you are getting a pretty strong deal that is worth serious consideration.

Make sure in your mind that:

1) You'll be happy with a gear-drive over the long haul. You can pay little less now but you may have second thoughts later.
    2) You are comfortable with the Briggs purchase

You are making a major purchase whether you are getting a sweet deal or not. So do not base everything off of price. You may want to ask your lawsite members if they have had any experience with this Briggs engine.......

Hope this helps you,

Regards

John Cloutier
    (402) 223-6308