starter problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by larry28464, Jun 5, 2008.

1. larry28464

larry28464 LawnSite Member
    from 32

I can start mtd 2o hps b&s, I Am Trying to find a wiring diagram for model 13AU608H016 1999 2000. When I put a charger directly to the starter it will get a bit not enough power to turn over battery fully charged. I have found two 20amp fuse both were blown and replace still will not start when key is turned. There are three safety one in the seat one brake pedal and one with the ptl blade engage switch. Where can I get a copy of the wiring for this model
  2. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

Usually in your owner's manual.
    Failing that, ask your local dealer.

When I was an MTD dealer, we had a few of them burn up the wiring harness.
    One customer was P.O'ed so much that it happened to him TWICE!
    The second time, we let him use one of our "beaters". It took 8 MONTHS to get the part in. (MTD no longer makes their own wiring harnesses "in-house".)
  3. larry28464

from 32

thanks jason. I just rememberber web site I use last year when repairing carb. on same mower, I have the diagram, and it looks like it is them solenoid.
    The wiring is ok from the battery to solenoid nad tothe starter th fues hase be replaced.
    The cost is 15.oo dollor hope it work.
  4. larry28464

from 32

prolem fixed bad solenoid. replaced run great. Once again provide more than just parts. I did not by from them but foud out what was wrong with my mower, by the diagram they had listed.