starter

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by jaemax, May 3, 2006.

1. jaemax

jaemax LawnSite Member

I can not find a starter motor for my old exmark. can you help. Its on a Kohler 25hp Model CH730S spec CH730-0039 SRL 3234302991
    The mower is an Exmark model LZ25 KC603 SRL 154265...I have been looking for ages can you help...is there a compatable starter to use? HELP...

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Jaemax,

Starter assembly for that engine model is a (Kohler P#)25 098 09-S.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Lenny

3. jaemax

jaemax LawnSite Member

Thanks Lenny thats fantastic.... have another one for you
    engine...kawasaki
    F/N FH500VA03535 KAW
    FH500V-AS10

Mower..MDL LHP4417KA
    SRL 168132

Lenny I need a starter for this one as well.....
    I think I do, the bearings at the top have gone. Do I need to replace the whole starter? maybe you can help

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Jaemax,

Glad I was able to help you out.

The part number for the starter is 21163-7001. There is also an alternative part number 21163-7010, I'm not sure what the differences are, the local Kawasaki dealer should be able to help you out.

When it comes to the starter, I'd probably suggest replacing it altogether. It is going to be somewhat dependent upon the circumstances though. How much are you using the machine, overall condition of the machine, etc. Basically what it boils down to is you don't want to go cheap on a machine you need to rely on, but on the other side, you don't want to dump more money into a machine than what it's worth (not that you're going to do that with a starter though).

Just for yours and any one else who may read this, you can look up parts for your Kawasaki engine at www.kawpowr.com They have, what I think, is an easy parts look-up available from there.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Lenny