startin up in Tennessee

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by GreenNation, Jul 19, 2006.

1. GreenNation

GreenNation LawnSite Member

My corporate job is being outsourced to mexico, so i am currently getting started. Our company is Green Nation Lawnscapes LLC. We are starting out with:
    Scag tiger Cub 48''
    Exmark Turf Tracer Hydro 36''
    John Deere JS63 21'' walkbehind
    2 Stihl BG-85 HHBlowers
    2 Stihl FS-100RX Trimmers
    1 Stihl FS110 Stick Edger
    1 Stihl FS-66 Brush Trimmer
    1 Stihl Hedge Trimmer
    6x10 dual-axle 5500# Trailer with 3500# gate
    1 2005 F-150 4x4

2. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

God i hate it when the start ups have more gear than me.:laugh:

Welcome to lawn site and all the best in your new venture.:) :usflag:

3. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

There have been a lot of companies close down around here. Stihl has even been doing some marketing, trying to get qualified people from this area to move to Virginia and work for them.
    Good luck, neighbor!

4. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

Best of luck to you on the other side of the state. I am in Millington, TN. Sorry to herer that your company is down sizing. This is good Business if you can make it work and it is not that hard to do.:cool2:

5. GreenNation

GreenNation LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply, and I do hope we make a go of it. We are starting out with around 12 properties, 10 residental, and 2 commercial sites. We have 1 yearly contract on one of the commercial properties so we have a long way to go to start turning a profit. In additon to these mowing contracts we have already completed quite a few mulch jobs, and shrub trimming jobs. Looks like the opportunity is good. We are 4months into our startup, and only doing it on a part-time basis until our corporate jobs go away during the first quarter of 2007. We have put in a lot of long days, but we feel it is going to payoff for us next year. Excited to be working for ourselves instead of them.:usflag:

6. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

it seems there are more folks moving to the area all the time. many not wanting to worry abut lawn maintenance.
    good luck and i hope it works out well for you.
    metin

7. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Welcome to LS. How many workers do you have? Pics? Good luck with your business.

8. Something D

Something D LawnSite Member
    from East TN

Good luck to you. Even though companies and shutting down in the tri cities houses are going up like weeds. Many people from other states are moving to the area. A lot of opportunities out there.

9. backtobasicslawncare

backtobasicslawncare LawnSite Member
    from TN

im currently in nashville area. is there any more lawn care companies guys on here. i was wondering what the best place to buy lawn equipment.

thanks for help

10. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

So, did you have a good first season? I hope so. payup