1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Starting a good one today

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by SSmith, Jun 25, 2012.

1. SSmith

SSmith Banned

2. SVA_Concrete

SVA_Concrete LawnSite Senior Member

you need to re read your code

(3) Profile: The radius of curvature at the leading edge of the tread shall be no greater than nine-sixteenths inch ( 14.3 mm). A nosing not less than three-fourths inch (19 mm) but not more than one and one-fourths inch (32 mm) shall be provided on stairways with solid risers. The greatest nosing projection shall not exceed the smallest nosing projection by more than three-eighths inch ( 9.5 mm) between two stories, including the nosing at the level of floors and landings. Beveling of nosing shall not exceed one-half inch ( 12.7 mm). Risers shall be vertical or sloped from the underside of the leading edge of the tread above at an angle not more than 30 ( 0.51 rad) degrees from the vertical. Open risers are permitted, provided that the opening between treads does not permit the passage of a four inch diameter (102 mm) sphere unless one of the following applies:

(a) A nosing is not required where the tread depth is a minimum of eleven inches (279 mm).

(b) The opening between adjacent treads is not limited on stairs with a total rise of thirty inches (762 mm) or less.

open risers are only allowed if the total rise is 30" or less.
  3. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Regardless, this thread is off topic. We are still waiting for pictures of the job.

4. SSmith

SSmith Banned

Just got the ok to add some more finishing touches to this bad boy. Close the ceiling in, add a fan, wrap the posts, etc. I had some photos on my phone, but they weren't any good due to me wanting to get the heck outta the heat in a hurry.