Starting A Lawn Care Business In GEORGIA

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by Jscuster, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Jscuster

Jscuster LawnSite Member

Hey everybody. I just have a few questions for Lawn Care Operators in the state of Georgia. I am looking very seriously into starting a lawn care business in the Spalding, Henry county area. I was wondering what times of the year do you start and finish and what are some things you do during the winter months. I would really love to hear from anybody in the mid to south Georgia areas. Thanks.

2. work4green

work4green LawnSite Member

I'm in your neighborhood. I don't do lawn care- I specialize in brush cutting and bushhogging. I've talked to a few LCO's in Griffin- seems like a tough area to make it in lawn care, Henry might be a better area. Good luck, let me know if you need any help.

Andy

3. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

North GA here. Start about March 15th mowing. End mowing about OCt. 31st or so. During the winter I do pressure washing, leaves, & luckily I am able to work for my Dad doing painting (although that has been slow this year for teh first time in a long while). Good luck.

4. ATL Lawn

ATL Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

About early march-nov 15th or so.

Atlanta, GA here.

5. midlandlawncare

midlandlawncare LawnSite Member

I'm a local LCO and do almost all my business in griffin. Too many companies
    for this area only pick up 5-8 customers per year, and they change alot,
    in march you'll probably see 30+ LCOs a day , way over crowded , also advertising is difficult . good luck