Starting a New Business, Need a Name, Equipment, Contract Help, the Works

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Pastor Ron, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Pastor Ron

Pastor Ron LawnSite Member

I am a pastor in a Chinese ministry living on a support income. Since money is scarce, I am going to mow lawns part-time and hope to develop it into a successful business that takes very little of my time. I was successful at his years ago, but it's been so long, I have forgotten a lot. Can you guys help me to know what eqippment is best and what I should expect to pay for a 60" Z-turn, walk behinds, trimmers, edgers, blowers, 14 foot trailer, truck, etc... Also, I could use some help learning to write a contract again and I'd love suggestions on a good name.

Thanks,
    Ron :usflag:

2. ambersLawnmowing

ambersLawnmowing LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like you have HIGH hopes for having little to no money.. What is Support money? is that money like child support???? or is that parish support money????? Also if i saw my pastor driving around with a new zero, and other equipment. I would STOP giving to the church...

3. Pastor Ron

Pastor Ron LawnSite Member

Our ministry is made up of 40% non-Christian Chinese who go to school at Oklahoma University. Because so many of them are either not Christians or new Christians, they don't tithe. So, in order to have a ministry with them, I depend on the financial support of other Christians who believe that what I am doing is a good investment in people and eternity. I am basically a missionary in the U.S. I have been raising my family on an income of $30,000 a year or less. Now it is much less, so I am going to have to mow part-time and I am about 99% sure that I can get about 8 apartment complexes to start out. My supporters know this, and understand, they plan to continue supporting us because I will still put a lot of time into this ministry. The goal is to find a way to continue evangelizing and discipling Chinese in Norman Oklahoma for Jesus Christ. I can't think of a better calling and investment with my life. Does that make better sense?

4. lawncare010

lawncare010 LawnSite Member

so you are asking people for money so you can spend money and then make money ;)

5. ambersLawnmowing

ambersLawnmowing LawnSite Senior Member

After reading your first post again. The first part sounded like you where starting a joke.

God is FREE why do people pay YOU??????

This is why i hate church. God, me and him talk every day. But a church or should i say theaves, i dont attend very much. My pastor knows how i feel. GIVE GIVE they make you feel like if you dont give then god hates you.. Well if god wanted something from me all he has to do is ask, and i will get it for him. I dont have to go to a place to talk to god he comes to me or i go to him.

As for your $30,000...I know alot of people that make it work for far less then that. Understand that money is a nice thing to have, but you dont seem to want to work hard doing it.

Now you ask about Equipment prices. Go and price insurance and get a lic. before you go and get equipment. Also If your doing 8 places why such big equipment? There is no need for stuff that big in a part-time business.

Also they dont have god in China?????? and how many Chinese are there in OK? Cant be that many. Lets hope that they all find out that GOD is free and costs nothing.

6. lawncare010

lawncare010 LawnSite Member

this is a big joke very big joke all he wants is money

7. dwight1moore

dwight1moore LawnSite Member

all i can say is WOW

8. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

wow! im speachlesssssssssssssssssss

9. Fife Lawn&Lane

Fife Lawn&Lane LawnSite Member

This guy is probably already on the local PBS begging for money from shut-ins every Sunday morning.

10. Lawn-Guy

Lawn-Guy LawnSite Member

Are you seriouse??? What cult is this again?

hi 5 fail.jpg