Starting a new business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by greendreams1, Nov 11, 2007.

1. greendreams1

greendreams1 LawnSite Member

I plan on starting up a lawn care company this upcoming spring and was wondering, were do I start? I bought the "Small Business for Dummies" and it made the whole process seem very complicated. Was wondering if it was really that complex? Need some help.

2. MATT'S_LAWN_CARE

MATT'S_LAWN_CARE LawnSite Member

Do you have a lawnmower, trailer, etc?

3. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

do a search.... there's been 100 topics about this within the past few days.

4. greendreams1

I'm going to be buying a 1996 40" Gravely Walk behind mower with a snow plow and a 30" bush hog attachment from my Dad. Getting all this a $1000, is this a good price? Still have to buy a trailer.

5. Fox Lawn & Garden

Fox Lawn & Garden LawnSite Member

Is there a finishing mower included? I doubt there be use for the brush hog for weekly or bi-weekly accounts. It would be ideal for first cut in mid-summer, though!
    :>)

6. greendreams1

Yes it has a 40" finish mower.

7. TREEGUARD

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

Get a mower & some customers & your in business thats pretty much it accept all the red tape with the D.E.C & the state, D.O.T and everythig else:usflag:

8. Down2EarthLawns

Down2EarthLawns LawnSite Member

Okay....Get a name, logo, motto, occupational license, insurance, equipment, cell phone, business cards, truck magnets, and door hangers. Give your card to everyone you know, keep your magnets on wherever you go, and pass out door hangers to every house within a 2 mile radius. That will get you started.

9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Only 1 thing I could add to that.....

equiptment.....

and there ya go....

10. Down2EarthLawns

Down2EarthLawns LawnSite Member

Did u see it in there?