1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Starting a new business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by garrisonr, Jul 18, 2004.

1. garrisonr

garrisonr LawnSite Member

I am thinking of going into the Lawn care business after I finish chasing terrorist (soon to be retired U.S. Army Paratrooper) any info you guys could give would be greatly appreciated!

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi garrisonr,

Any questions in specific we can help you with?
  3. garrisonr

garrisonr LawnSite Member

Just a overall how to get started: equipment recomendations, do and donts, what is to much per day as far as workload and anything else you canthink of that I might have missed.
  4. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

First off....At the bottom of the page there is a search button...That will be your best friend.

next...Buy commercial equipment..Whatever suits your needs the most. Advertise all you can afford. Name saturation is key in this buisness.

Two of us can do 25 jobs in a day....(8am-5pm) We split it into three days, to allow us to add to those accounts.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I would recommend doing all the work yourself (solo) at least until you can't handle it anymore. This way you control everything and doing it your way, during that critical start-up phase.
  6. Lawnboy112

Lawnboy112 LawnSite Member

Yea what he said
  7. sgl41377

sgl41377 LawnSite Member

I agree, I have just started myself also. It is not the easiest thing to do. First things first, make sure you get a business license and insurance. Many people think it is not necessary to have start up cost, but there are. Equipment, Insurance, Paperwork, Advertising, etc. It never ends.