Starting A new Lawn Care Business.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Kevin V 67, Feb 21, 2007.

  1. Kevin V 67

    Kevin V 67 LawnSite Member
    Posts: 3

    Is a license or certification required for dry fertilizer application in Illinois ?
  2. eduardo3516

    eduardo3516 LawnSite Member
    Posts: 4

    yes you a license
  3. mow2nd

    mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 603

    Call the Illinois Agricultural Department to find out. It's different in every state. Some states it is ok do apply fertilizer but not ok to apply a fertilizer with a Pre-Emergent.
  4. Mega

    Mega LawnSite Member
    Posts: 19

    Don't know, good luck.
  5. Kevin V 67

    Kevin V 67 LawnSite Member
    Posts: 3

    Thank you for the response I will keep checking in to this.
  6. lawnpro724

    lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,201

    No you don't need one unless you spray liquids like fungicide, insectacide then you will need to go to the Dept of Ag and take the test to get a commercial applicators license.
  7. get rich

    get rich LawnSite Member
    Posts: 195

    (800)641-3934 Illinois dept of ag number. And i am almost positive if you earn money for the need a license. Doesn't matter if its fert or liquid weed control. If you are providing a service that money is paid in exchange for that service, then you need to be licensed. Call that number and they will give you testing sites and dates, also all the answers you need on illinois laws.
  8. Wheelz51

    Wheelz51 LawnSite Member
    Posts: 11

    In Arkansas it's 40 hours of training & must be 18 years of age or older - for the liquids. None required for the dry.

    Good luck!
  9. Kevin V 67

    Kevin V 67 LawnSite Member
    Posts: 3

    getricn Thank you for the # to Illinois dept of ag talked to them and I found all the answers on the Illinois laws.

Share This Page