1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Starting a web site

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Potomac Lawns Inc., Oct 4, 2005.

1. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

looking at staring a web site and just want to know what steps to take from start to completion.

Thanks,
    Steve
    :help:

2. ofishil

ofishil LawnSite Member
    from TX

thats a very broad question. There are lots of things that have to be considered.

3. Potomac Lawns Inc.

well how would you like me to narrow it down?

4. ofishil

ofishil LawnSite Member
    from TX

you make a site(i use dreamweaver). You can use frontpage. those are the more known programs. but theres tons of them. Or you could do it in html with notepad. You then have to register your domain name. then you have to get a hosting place. I like www.tera-byte.com. but then again theres tons of them. then you upload your site. I know gophersoftware has some templates for lawn care and the best thing is is that they are free. i dont know the link off the top of my head but its on the top of the page with the advertisers. as for how do you upload and things like that you would have to check with your host. You can register your name with your host. If you have any more questions let me know. that is the basics.

5. Potomac Lawns Inc.