Starting a Website for Turfgrass Managers.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by turfguy256, Dec 3, 2010.

1. turfguy256

turfguy256 LawnSite Member

I am starting a website for turfgrass managers. It will include photos, information about turf and the management side along with a blog, and video post. Are you "Turf care industry" think this is a good idea? If so how do I go about the site design, layout and information? Any other comments about this idea would be great. Thanks for helping!

2. DollarSign

DollarSign LawnSite Member
    from MN

So this is a site that will be similar to lawnsite?

3. turfguy256

turfguy256 LawnSite Member

No. It will a site where home owners and professional turf managers can go to find interesting stories, pics, videos, and helpful information about home lawns and turgrass. I have a few connection here in D.C like Nationals Groundskeeper, Baltimore, and the Blue Jays. I was thinking about having a interview video page where users could submit questions and be answered by professionals. I also would like to get local turfgrass business to help me sponser the site. I am doing this along right now...but maybe have a business partner in the future. Do you have any ideas for me?

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Just about every major University in the country already has this, and the information comes from a credible source. How exactly is this site going to differ from the ones already available?

5. RodneyK

RodneyK LawnSite Senior Member

I hate to be a negative Nelly also but save your time and money and don't start a new site. Unless you have something just amazing to offer (which based on what you have said and you asking for other ideas I don't think you do) it will become just another site that will turn into a money drain.

Instead, partner with someone who already has a good advertising base/traffic etc. and produce content for them which hopefully you can get paid for...

6. rollinrock

rollinrock LawnSite Member

Hmm with a bit more detail maybe I can shoot you a few ideas.