Starting Advertising

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Jcs Lawn and Landscape, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Jcs Lawn and Landscape

Jcs Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Member

Tmrow which is 2/22 will be my first day out advertising. Man its sure nice knowing that spring is coming around the corner. I hope i just have the motivation to actually go out and put out the doorhangers.

2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Here's some motivation. Advertising ='s customerss. Customers ='s $$$. $$$ ='s :) . The opposite. No customers ='s NO $$$. NO $$$ ='s :cry: .

3. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Trinity, thats good motivation right there.

4. Jcs Lawn and Landscape

I think im going to print that out and whenever i dont feel like getting up to advertise i will look at it. Thank you

5. martinslandscaping

martinslandscaping LawnSite Member

I have been out bidding jobs for 3 weeks, waiting on many replies is this normal I guess I was to early

6. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I hate waiting....its a good way to get your foot in the door though. I get most of my work in the spring because people want it done right away, so I find ways to squeeze them in.

7. Jcs Lawn and Landscape

they were probably price shoppers and found a cheaper price then you

8. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

You are a GENIUS! THANK YOU!!! :clapping: :cool2: :waving: :laugh: LOL

9. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I am glad that I could be of help(LOL).

I think that Jcs Lawn and Landscape is right they were probably price shopping. I don't know that they have necessarily found someone else yet as it is still early. They may just be using your qoute to compare to the others. It happens. I had a couple of customers that had called last year that did the same thing. They realized that they were not happy with the service that they received from the other guy, so then called me back. You may get people that you did an estimate for last week call you back in May/June.

10. Jcs Lawn and Landscape

very true and also i got a couple calls from people in late may that there lawnman has not showed up yet. And man i can tell you that those lawns were overgrown lol.