starting business advice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by nx487, Aug 26, 2004.

1. nx487

nx487 LawnSite Member

I am trying to start a lawn care business. I have got a deal on some equipment but not sure what to do. I have a race truck that is worth about 5k and this guy wants to trade me some lawn care stuff. He wants to trade JD 425 that has 20hp kaw, and 1675 hours on it, HUSK. 21'' self propelled that looks new, 6x16 dual axle trailer w/ brakes- needs paint, maybe tires. He also has john deere trimmer, old edger(decent shape), couple of blowers(don't know much about these, probable hand held). I just want to see if you guys think I should trade or use my troy built rider and murray that I bought 2 years ago for my own yard and save up and buy a trailer. I would like to get started now just don't want to get tractor when most people have walk behinds and stand ups. Any thoughts I would appreciate it.

2. nx487

nx487 LawnSite Member

Trying to find out what you all would do.

3. roadhawg3

roadhawg3 LawnSite Member

Sounds like a pretty good trade to me, unless you are making some money with your race truck? I would much rather have the equipment. But then again, I am not much of a drag racer anymore. RH

4. nx487

nx487 LawnSite Member

Thanks Roadhog, Iwas talking to a friend of mine and he said the exact same thing. Iam going to make the trade .

5. nx487

nx487 LawnSite Member

Sorry about the roadhog, I ment roadhawg3. Thanks