Starting business in Missouri

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigandy, Jan 17, 2006.

1. bigandy

bigandy LawnSite Member

What do I need to do to start a new business in Missouri. I plan on starting out on my own and only using help ocasionally. I think I can pay them as contract labor and simplify some things. I already registered my business name with the state, and im going to find out about a county business license tommorow. Do I need a federal tax ID number and if so who do I contact. Also, what companies offer affordable liability insurance. What information will my bank most likely want to open a business account. I know thats a lot of questions but I dont want to go into this completely blind. Im not concerned with any type of professional licenses or applicators license at this time, that will come later.
  2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

I would suggest going to the IRS website and looking for info, your banking institution will most likely have info online too, go to tyour local tax authority site as well, tak ethe time to write a bsuiness plan, marketing plan and so forth and read as much as you can on here. IN the business forums there will be a lot of questions answered. Up near the right hand side there is a search box and you can get the information you just asked bout even faster from historical threads, plus information youmay not have even considered. I suggest planning your business in detail. It will take time and you may even need help. You can enlist help from a rep. or even check out the SBA (small Business Administration)site too. Get the printer ready. You can print old threads here and put them in a notebook for reference and take notes and plan each step as you go. Welcome to the site and good luck!:waving: :waving: