1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Starting Business need advise on Equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KPJK, Oct 20, 2006.

1. KPJK

KPJK LawnSite Member

Need Advise on Equip. cost no issue. Starting off with a small crew.Mowing landscape, hardscape etc.

CAROLINA MOWER LawnSite Member

Buy Scag And Echo
  3. ltramon45

ltramon45 LawnSite Member

I used to sell equipment. By far Scag is the best for mowers. For small equipment go with Stihl and look at the 4-Mix. The 4-mix is a four stroke technology and is more fuel efficient than two stroke. You still have to mix and gas. For Stihl get the Stihl low smoke oil. Make sure that your dealer treats you right.

GARRETTWOOD LawnSite Senior Member

5. tinkerlawn

tinkerlawn LawnSite Member

all of this equipment is designed to cut grass, just make sure you buy the commercial line and not the cheapo residential line. I personally would check your area and see what brands your local dealers have in stock. Because when you snap a belt or what ever in the middle of the day, you can just zip on over to the dealer, get a replacement and get back on your route with minimal time lost.
    Just for the record I run Wright Standers, Exmarks, and all Stihl handhelds.
    Good luck in '07