1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Starting in DFW 2004

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Brayzon Landscaping, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Brayzon Landscaping

Brayzon Landscaping LawnSite Member

I am starting my business (Lawn Maintenance). In the spring or 2004 in the DFW area. Do to pressing issues of being laid off...I need to do something now!! Where should I start? I have already had my flyers made up for this Spring. Problem is they say( Don't delay Spring is on the way!). I need to get something going ,but hell it is the slow season in the Dallas Fort Worth Area! What should I do? Any comments!!!!!
  2. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

No matter whether you're in the slow season or not, you have to do something to get a few lawns to mow when the season starts. Dont wait until then.
    Talk to people. Tell them you're starting this new venture. Tell them what services you offer and leave them your business card. Hand out your brochure if you have any. If you have to go from door to door like a Boy Scout selling cookies then do it! At your church is a good place to start. Ask the person you talked to, to give you a name of a friend, relative or a neighbor you can go see.
    You can also consider running an ad in your local newspaper's business classified section. Run the ad at least one month before the season starts and then into the first few weeks of the mowing season. If you can keep the ad running continiously it's even better.
    People talk and if you made a good impression you'll soon have enough work to start you off with.
    Good luck and I hope you get swamped with lawns to mow.
  3. Brayzon Landscaping

Brayzon Landscaping LawnSite Member

well thank i am on my way! ! !