1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Starting in Ohio

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JeepCreepn01, Feb 14, 2007.

1. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 LawnSite Member

I have all the equipment ill need to start a nice size company, been working for a few years for family and close family friends so i have a few "accounts" i even have a buisness name just so i could get better deals at local shops but its time i really start doing it more on a full time basis, but im not really sure what the best way to get more accoutns is, should i letter my truck? send out fliers newspaper add telephone book? im just not sure where to begin and really not sure what kind of license or anything liek that i need, my father owns a rather large buisness so im gonna talk to his attorney later this week to see if he can help me, but any advice or whatever would be great from you all too
    Thanks in Advance
  2. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

The first thing is to see if your business name is already being used and then get a business license and insurance, decide if you want to be an LLC or Inc have your attorney to help you on that. Run an ad in your newspaper hand out flyers your business cards and focus on building the business and as it grows always keep investing money back into the business
  3. Robert S

Robert S LawnSite Member
    from tx

news paper i would think and word of mouth
  4. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Couldn't have said it better. Ohio has a packet you can order from Here
  5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

in ohio, you have to charge sales tax at the rate of the county where the work is performed in..... as soon as you make your first 5000 you have to do this
    get the vendors license to do this from the state

business license, insurance on your business.....

local communities may also require a license