Starting in Pa

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mmtwin, Jan 30, 2006.

1. mmtwin

mmtwin LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Hello All,
    I'm just starting in this business. I sold my restaurant and interested in lawn care. I have been plowing comm. for about 10 years now. Thought it would only make sense for summertime. Any suggestions would be greatly apprreciated.
    Thanks

2. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have any experience in cutting, landscape work? What area are you looking to jump into?
    What food business were you in?

kc

3. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Welcome to LS.

4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Hey mmtwin, where in PA are you located?

5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Where at in PA are you?

6. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

ditto..ditto..where in PA are you?....Welcome to LS....any questions about starting in PA, I'm sure all of us from PA can get you headed in the right direction.....get yourself a notebook is the first thing ya need to do!..Good Luck:)

7. mmtwin

mmtwin LawnSite Member
    from Pa

I'm located in reading area.

8. mmtwin

mmtwin LawnSite Member
    from Pa

What do you all recomend for insurance coverage. Any places were a good rate will be.
    k-Car I owned a pizza shop. I've helped out a buddy of mine a few years ago with cutting and retaining walls. I can't think of a better place to work then outside in the summer. Notebook in-hand fire away:gunsfirin

9. climber

climber LawnSite Member

Welcome...
    Yes I think us PA guys can help you out. For your insurance it depends on how many people are working for you or if its just yourself. I know many people that have 100+ accounts and dont have insurance. And do you have any equipment or are you looking to buy? And it also would be helpful to know as much about what you want to do as possible.

Thx
    Dan

10. cookedonphonics

cookedonphonics LawnSite Member

Me too!! What Pizza shop did you own?

Welcome to LS!