1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

starting in the fall

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jfoster, Sep 30, 2005.

1. jfoster

jfoster LawnSite Member

just wanted to know what you guys think about starting in the fall. How many of the leaf removal and srub and tree pruning turn into mowing jobs in the spring. :) :)

2. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

I re-started in the middle of July after I graduated from college and I was nervous about landing accounts. I the season in Houston starts in early March so needless to say, I thought I was not going to get anything.

After mailing about 600 flyers, I actually got a very good response, mostly from new homeowners that just moved into their homes, and people that were unhappy with their current service.

I did a lot of research here on lawnsite about the area I was about to move to,so I knew what type of clientele I was going to target. I try to work on homes that range from 200,000 to 1 million, which are people that dont want to or have the time to work in their yard.

I would recomend to you to think about doing some doorhangers,direct mail or specific advertising which will greatly help your buisness.